I am quite exhausted and am about to wander off for an early night, but need to make note of the following.
- When I am whinging about waiting twenty minutes for a bus, I am to remember that I used to commute for an average of three and a half hours a day. Today’s commute, including the twenty minute wait was a total of forty three minutes. It’s likely to be under thirty minutes regularly.
- No-one in this place ever knew me as who I used to be. That is remarkably liberating.
- The alarm at 7.00 a.m. was most blissful in comparison to the 5.30 a.m. of years gone by.
- I am hugely grateful to the tutors who taught me to love their curriculum area and to be enthusiastic about it. They have contributed to me being able to do this new job.
- Being home before 5.00 p.m. on a regular basis is going to be a revelation!
On the whole, this is a good move all round, methinks. But, I am very sleepy!