(Japes emerges from her month long mental lie down in a darkened corner, having hoped it would all go away and leave her alone. It didn’t, so a stern talking to was administered, and normal-ish service has been resumed.)
Oh me oh my, my poor, poor brain.
On the plus side,
- My ancient O Level in Mathematics has been getting dusted down, and used again. Skills in geometry and trigonometry have been dragged out and re-used.
- I know more about the internal combustion engine, braking and suspension systems than I did a week ago!
- I am the proud possessor of a boiler suit, which has been suitably adapted for a Japes’ shape. (Or rather, will be by the end of this weekend, some sleeve adjustments are now needed in the light of a week’s experience!) It goes splendidly with the steel toe capped boots.
- My inner 8 year old, who yearned to be an electrician or a motor mechanic or both has been getting very, very excited about the recent timetabling at work.
- My inner 14 year old is shrieking, however, that Physics were given up pre-O Level for good reason.
On the negative side, there has been a lot of stress, and there is more to come.
This weekend, however, has been declared a lazy, do nothing two days.